Friday, April 30, 2010

1 file received….2 files received…gosh!!!


I was literally shivering. How can this happen? After all my mobile was in silent mode…how can my message tone ring! All eyes on me…students staring….. but thank god my teacher didn’t notice.

Bluetooth, an excellent technology for passing of videos, pictures and songs from one Bluetooth enabled device to other. But there are other usages too. Like for example for engineers, it serves an efficient tool for cheating in practical exams. Wondering! Let me explain. Engineers are a breed who prefers to study just before exams. Reasons to this may be varied, for exams lack of interest, lack of good faculty at times, too many assignments and other extra curricular activates to handle! But yes last minute studies actually work, and off lately I have started believing that it not only works but it rocks. It is essential to study for the main papers but practicals…..no way…after all they are practical application as the name suggest…why mug up pages of theory for it!

I had my practical paper today. Programs… too lengthy to memorize…and without even understanding the logic behind it and performing it even for once, mug it up….never!! Anyways I reached class and my friend assured me that there is no need to worry because he had snap of each page of the file and he would send me the required ones after I was allotted the program.

And this is why my cell rang in the middle of class! My god! I wonder if my teacher would have observed, what on earth could have had happened! I almost freezed..cause it rang not just once but twice. My hands trembled as I tried to put off the tone. Nervousness enveloped me and I switched off my cell. Surabhi….are you mad…how come you have entered the examination hall before putting your cell on silent mode…comments like this followed. But it was silent…and my message tone was off…even I don’t know how this happened. Maybe because I haven’t tried out cheating that often or maybe because I tried to deceive and was tricked by the so called reliable technology!
Today I pledge that the next time I try any of this activity, I would be extra careful for sure, cause it isn’t illegal until you get caught but to avert yourself from getting caught, you need to be extra cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment