Did you get your share of chocolate? This is the question in most of minds round here. Well!! I must confess no chocolates for me (except that one of my friends’ offered me some candy).
Frankly speaking these days are not meant for singles. Or maybe, the entire valentine week isn’t. But it is really fascinating, I mean there is no need to show off in love, but yes, celebrations are appreciated once in a while. Rose day, propose day, kiss day, hug day, teddy day, promise day and finally valentine day, yes 7 great days to appreciate your love in a special way!
I gave a chocolate to a boy, aged 11, who handles a nearby grocery store. Actually that shop belongs to his father but he was out regarding his insurance work. This kid, who is barely, 3.6 feet tall (approx), was trying his best to deal with his customers. We had asked for a sachet of shampoo and this kid was finding it difficult to take it out cause it was kept at a greater height. But his determination, must say was splendid. He brought a chair, and in spite of me saying not to climb it, because I feared he would fall, he managed to bring down the sachets. There was a spark in him, to achieve, to work and to fulfil his ambitions even if they seemed tough at his age and his reach.
And then I realised that there was nothing to be demoralised about. If that kid, who at this age should be playing around with is friends or maybe going to school, is running his father’s grocery store so well, then we, who have all luxuries should not make commotion about silly things. Amidst the Huss and fuss, of college kids celebrating valentine week, I came across this kid, who had nothing to celebrate but yet was so composed.
Life is to live. Problems would arise but accept it, face it and get the best out of everything.
THIS WAS THE BEST CHOCOLATE DAY I EVER CELEBRATED…THANKS KIDDO…YOU INSPIRED ME REALLY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment