Friday, March 13, 2009

It has been almost two years since I left home. Taking up engineering as and hostel life was entirely my own decision. I wanted to take a year drop and prepare for the various competitive examinations but somehow situations were not in my favour and I had no option but to take admission in Amity University. I don’t regret my decision but somewhere I feel that my luck did not support me enough and perhaps I deserved better. Anyways it has been two years since then and now I feel that my decision was correct.

Initially when I joined college, big surprises were always ready for me. I had always imagined hostel as a luxurious place but to my surprise, I was allotted a seat in a four seater room. Adjusting with one is possible but when you have to adjust with three girls, things are not so easy to deal with! Hostel life was an entirely new experience for me. Standing in long queue for food and even for washroom annoyed me a lot. When I was with my parents I hardly even bothered to wash my clothes but here from clothes to studies to arranging my room and everything else, I had to manage it myself. In the first month I had spent most of my time crying. I remember once I was crying in washroom and perhaps I didn’t notice that I was loud enough to be heard and someone passing bye started shouting as to who is crying inside…what an embarrassment! I stopped immediately.

But after a month or so, I started feeling good. I made new friends and I started liking my new life. Outings, late night studies, writing lengthy assignments, long chats with friends, bunking classes etc. became an integral part of my daily schedule. I didn’t even notice as to when the first year of my college passed but it taught me lessons for my life.

Lesson no 1- Do not trust everyone. The person whom you trust blindly may be the one who would create problems for you.

Lesson no 2- It is advisable to speak up if you have a problem with someone because keeping silent won’t help and people would take advantage of you.

Lesson no3- Not every one you talk to is your friend. Select your friends carefully.

Lesson no 4- Enjoy your life completely but at the end of year what matters is a good result so never ignore studies for even a moment.

Lesson no 5- Manage your time well.

Lesson no 6- Don’t compete with others but try competing with yourself. Set your own goals and rules for life.

Lesson no 7- Manage your expenses well!



I made lessons for life but was a bit late in doing so. I say so because I was admitted to Amity University at a scholarship of 50% which I received for the first year of college, but from a very small margin, I couldn’t continue it for my second year.


Anyways second year began and I was focussed from the very beginning. I started taking all my decisions carefully because I was in mood to repeat the mistakes I had committed earlier. My attitude towards dealing with people changed a bit. Some may call me rude but I love myself for what I am today. One thing I understood was that it is very necessary to judge people correctly…be good to the ones who are good to you but be tough whenever and wherever required.
I became more inclined to academics because I need to regain back my scholarship back.

My life has changed a lot in the last two years. I clearly understand the importance of family, friends and relations now. Sometimes when you miss something in life, you get to know its true value and that is why today I value each one associated with me. Though everyone around me feels that I am innocent and perhaps not strong enough to face this cruel world, I know that I am preparing my self for both the “best” and the “worst” of situations. I enjoy each and every moment of my life sssssbecause I know this time will never come back in my life. I have so many colours in my life at present each holds it special place. Each day is a new journey in the sea of life…filled with so many new experiences and challenges.





.


No comments:

Post a Comment