Saturday, August 29, 2009


Whenever I fill a slam book, the one question I get stuck at is “the most embarrassing moment of my life”. But I got an answer to it now.

It all happened this noon. It is Friday today. We didn’t have a class and that is why I was in hostel from morning. My friend, who had gone to college, for some personal work, told me that very less people had turned up. Moreover I was not feeling well so I thought of going to the mess in the same Capri and top that I was wearing in hostel. Now let me mention that mess is a 5min way from hostel. So I thought that I would hardly matter as to what I wore and nobody would actually notice such an insignificant thing.

To my horror, mess was overcrowded today. But I was pretty cool about it! Cause even guys go to mess in their pyjamas and shorts during college hours if they don’t have a class.

On my way to mess, most of everyone who noticed stared as if I had committed a crime. As a matter of fact, I actually don’t care about these craps and I am used to people staring at me for varied other reasons too, so it was ok!

As I entered, a group of my classmates were sitting there. “Bullshit! What are they doing here?” this was the only question in my mind. “Look at her”, and then laughter. Man! I felt so awkward! I mean I am so particular when it comes to dressing and all, and how can this happen. But this was not it. It had to be worse. When I was taking food, someone commented “hey! What is she wearing?”
Damm! How can someone say like this? I have full rights to wear whatever I feel like. And moreover I wasn’t well. I was hungry, so I had taken the pains to turn up to mess.

Anyways I waited for my classmates to leave before I did because I was in no mood to hear any of it again. And why should I, I roam around in the same campus, with this same dress on, after college and nobody comments! But yes, maybe it was the wrong time to wear it or let’s say I finally had to figure out the most embarrassing moment of my life, so this happened!

LEARNING: NEVER GO TO THE MESS IN YOUR HOSTEL DRESS DURING COLLEGE HOURS. A STRICT NO, EVEN IF YOU ARE UNWELL!

No comments:

Post a Comment